CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Fritos Salad

When my grandpa got remarried about 5 years ago, my new step-aunt brought this salad to the luncheon.  My family loved it, and got the recipe.  My brother and I were talking about it a few weeks ago, and I decided to make it, since it had been a while.  This salad is so simple, so quick, and oh so good.  And if you use Fritos Scoops, they can even be utensil-free!

Fritos Salad 
1-2 bags Fritos (I used regular, but scoops would work well)1 can black beans, drained and rinsed1 can corn, drained1 bell pepper, chopped1 avocado, chopped1/2  white onion, chopped1 tomato, diced1/2 bottle creamy French dressing 
In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, pepper, avocado, onion, and tomato.  Gently stir in dressing.   
If you are using the salad right away, gently stir in the chips.  If not, refrigerate the salad, and Do Not add the chips, until you are ready to serve the salad.  If you refrigerate the salad, or let it sit a while with the chips, they will turn soggy, which is undesirable.

This recipe is easy to adjust to your liking.  My family has a few picky eaters, and there are a few food allergies, so the avocado, onion, and tomato were left to the side for those that wanted them.

This salad is great for parties, side dishes, or a healthy snack.  This salad has a lot of fiber.  It is also a good source of iron, protein, potassium, and Vitamin A.  Avocados are a great source of fatty acids, which are good for heart health.

0 comments:

Post a Comment