CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Delighted!

I am a self-proclaimed fabric snob.  My favorite designer of printed fabric is Riley Blake, which is awesome because the company is based in Sandy.  Who doesn't love supporting local companies?  Their designs are oh so adorable.  They have perfect designs for children, and have a lot of designs with retro colors and designs.  Love!  Currently my favorite line of theirs is Delighted! by The Quilted Fish.


I was playing around on Pinterest and Etsy, and found a listing of a Delighted! fabric bundle in reds and yellows. I knew I had to have it.  I found this pattern, which kind of reminds me of a basket weave design, and thought it would be different than what I usually do for quilts, yet is still simple enough to make without working with curves or triangles.  So, that is my current project I'm working on during weekends I'm at school.  My roommates love the colors, and I honestly can't say I blame them!  I'm hoping to get the top sewn together by my next break, take it to a quilter, and have it back by Spring Break.  I'll try to remember to post a picture or two when it's completed.

After that, I'll be starting another quilt.  My sister is expecting her first child.  I made a Halloween quilt a couple years ago for her birthday, because that is her favorite holiday.  I told her the next quilt I made her would be for her child someday.  I have an idea for what I will do, and I will start looking for deals on the fabric as soon as she finds out what she's having.  I'm excited!

1 comments:

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery

How fun. That fabric is really pretty! I hope it works out great for you. Have you ever tried quilting with your sewing machine? I did a quilt a year or so ago using a free motion foot and ended up loving it. Just a thought. :)

Post a Comment