CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Here's Your Sign

I recently moved back to college for a second Bachelor's.  Yes, I know, I am crazy.  But so far I am loving it.

Anyway, my apartment has very little decor in it.  Red carpet, blue-ish sofa, horrible, torn-up chairs.  Your basic college apartment.  So I've been scouring the internet and stores for ways to spruce up the walls a little.  One of my favorite rooms is the kitchen, seeing as I love to cook.  And most of my roommates admit to not being much of a cook.  And then I found a great inspirational quote for the kitchen and ordered it on Etsy from It's Written on the Wall.

Problem was, I liked the quote, and vinyl quotes generally cannot be reused.  So I looked and looked for some kind of sign to put the quote on, and found this tutorial.

I got a 20x24 canvas from Hobby Lobby, a small can of spray paint, and some sponge brushes for my mod podge.  I laid out the canvas on some newspaper on the kitchen floor (It's been threatening to rain, so I opened up the windows to let fresh air in).  Surprisingly, the paint dried pretty quickly.  As did the mod podge.  The vinyl was tricky to get on it, but once I figured it out it was fast work.  And here is the finished product:

Forgive the quality of the picture; it was taken with my cell.

Surprisingly, not only does the paint match the one in the above linked tutorial, but it also matches the doors in the apartment perfectly.

I'm pretty happy with it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment